The Sherburne Public Library was built in 1910 and opened on June 12, 1911. The original library had electric lights, and we still use the same seven chandeliers today.
The South wing was built in 1938 and in 2002 the library was expanded, an elevator added, making it more accessible to all patrons.
The library currently houses over 32,000 items and several rare collections. One such collection is of Hart Pottery. Other collections include one of local stoneware and art from a number of local artists.
If interested in seeing or reading more about our history, please come in and check our collections of local postcards and other historical artifacts.